Blood Orange Créme Brûlée
12 individual ramekins
David Katz, Consulting Chef
• 2 oz. sugar
• 6 egg yolks
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1/3 cup The Perfect Purée Blood Orange Concentrate
• light brown sugar as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Mix the sugar and yolks thoroughly.
3. Heat the cream and Blood Orange Concentrate to the scalding point. Remove the pan from heat and pour slowly into the yolk/sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve and divide among 12 brulée forms or 3 1/2″ ramekins.
4. Bake in a water bath, loosely covered with foil or a sheet pan, for 20 to 30 minutes or until just set.
5. Remove forms or ramekins from the oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until service.
6. Sprinkle the top of each brûlée with a thin even layer of sugar. Caramelize with a blowtorch or under a salamander.